Sunday 19 September 2010

Not so blooming marvellous

On Tuesday evening, in the rain, I took a quick walk around Rosebery Park after a complaint from a local resident about the state of the flower beds near Dorking Road. All seven flower beds in that area are a mess. They consist of dead roses, large weeds and significant gaps. The local resident is a regular user of the park and has not ever seen them in such a state.

The council recently took the decision to discontinue certain flower beds across the Borough as a cost saving exercise. I don't understand these to be amongst their number and in any event any former flower beds would need to be turfed over or otherwise tidied up rather than simply left to the weeds. I fear that these beds have simply been neglected by the council longer than they should have been.

I have raised the issue with the council's Head of Operations and I will update this post with his response once I receive it.


No comments:

Post a Comment